Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

We've had 3 of our 4 Christmases so far this year. We still have one more this weekend in Greensburg, so I'm sure I'll have more stories to share from that one, but here's the run-down of the 3 we have had already.

The 20th we spent time in Greensburg for an extended family Christmas at Aunt Beth's house. We had a good time watching all the little kiddos open up their gifts. Leyton was pretty excited about his Cars tent he got for his room. We finally got it out yesterday and he begged me get inside with him. Let's just say we both didn't fit. Last night Daddy had to take a turn. I think he pretty much wore the tent as a shirt.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Holland with Josh's family. We woke Leyton up with the video camera and, after figuring out what was going on, he took off running upstairs to see what Santa had brought him. He was so excited and immediately started looking for the castle and dragon he was sure he would be getting. Santa saved that one for last! At first, he wasn't sure about it...but now he is loving it!
Jada was content sitting with GG for the morning while Josh and I opened her gifts. GG did a great job showing Jada all her new stuff! [Look at those chubby cheeks! :)]
On Saturday, we headed to Pioneer, OH for Josh's extended family Christmas. We had a white elephant exchange for the adults and the kids exchanged gifts as well. I came home with a hospital water jug. Josh got two Cleveland Indians mugs. Leyton was very happy with his new race car trailer. The kid has more toys than he knows what to do with and I'm sure he's going to come home with more from Mamaw and Pa this weekend. Jada had no clue what was going on, but still got all kinds of cute outfits, teethers, baby dolls, and even her first purse! She was stylin' on Saturday in her new sweater dress!
Sunday, we spent the afternoon in the SNOW! Lots of snow. We took Leyton sledding. He loved it! I took a video while the two of us went down the hill, but unfortunately I have no clue how to download it to the computer. I'll have to have Josh teach me that one and I'll share it with you. [If there is anyone that even reads this!] I was able to take a few pictures too though.
This is the trail on the way to the top of the hill. Quite the scene!

We made it to the top!Emily, Elizabeth, and JonathanLeyton and Uncle Jonny getting set for take off.

I would say we have definitely had a successful Christmas holiday. We have been lucky enough to be able to spend time with both of our families. I hope everyone else has enjoyed their holiday as well!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Ellebe, how did I NOT know that you had a blog?!?! I'm so glad that you left a comment on mine because it led me to yours! I'm adding you to my list of blog to keep my eye on!

Miss you...