Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lazy days

I really don't have anything fun or exciting to talk about. Just felt like writing, I guess.

Jada is 2 months old already. Time flies by when you don't want it to, that's for sure. I only have a little more than 2 weeks before I have to go back to work. It's kind of bittersweet, actually. In some ways [like the pocketbook] I'm totally ready. I do miss my coworkers and just my job in general, but I'm sure once I get back I'm going to wish I had more time at home with Leyton and Jada. It's been a lot of fun to be able to spend time with Leyton every day. I'm sure he's going stir crazy though. We've spent quite a few of these days locked up in the house thanks to the yucky weather and the lovely swine flu floating around. It'll be interesting to see how he does once I'm back to work and he's with the babysitter. I'm sure he'll be fine...he always is, but this is obviously the longest he's gone without having to stay with a babysitter.

We're gearing up to spend the next 3 weekends away from home again. This weekend we'll be back in Greensburg for an extended family Christmas. The following weekend we'll be in Michigan for Christmas Eve until the day after Christmas. Then, the first weekend in January we'll travel back down to Greensburg for Christmas with mom, dad, Lindsey, Jordan and Landon. Then...it's back to work I go. I think having the holidays during maternity leave has made it go by even quicker. It's been great to be able to spend the holidays with our families, but not so great that it's made the time fly by.

I'll keep that in mind next time...if there is a next time. :)

No comments: