Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend! We started the day off with a great church service, then headed to Greensburg to celebrate with my family. The majority of my family hadn't met Lyvia yet, so it was nice for them to finally get to see her. We had a yummy lunch then headed out to Gpa's for the annual Easter egg hunt.
We attempted to get a cute picture of the kids, but the sun was just too bright for their little eyes. This is the best we could do. I'll take it. :)
Leyton and Jada had a blast running around Gpa's yard "looking" for eggs. The didn't have to look far. The yard was covered in eggs. They could barely take a step without stepping on one. All the kids ended up with overflowing buckets! My sister and I were reminiscing about the eggs we used to hunt as kids. I'm pretty sure they weren't stuff with candy and there might have been a total of three dozen for the ten of us grandkids.

At the end of the day Leyton's comment was, "Mom, I will never forget what Easter is all about...the day Jesus arosed!"

No comments: