Monday, April 30, 2012

Lucky number five!

So, the candles say 72, but Leyton really turned 5 on Saturday! [I had to get creative with the candles at the last minute. I couldn't find any in the cabinets besides these so we went with it. 7-2 = 5. It worked and Leyton got a math lesson at the same time! ;)]

At 5 years old, Leyton...
...is 49 pounds! [I think he's been 47-49 pounds since he turned 4.]
...is 49 inches [he's proportinate, right?! ;)]
...is a great big brother! I love hearing him talk to both of his sisters.
...loves sports. Baseball, soccer and football are on the top of his list.
...is finishing up his last year of preschool and will start kindergarten in the fall. Crazy!
...loves racecars and is getting his own taste of "racing" in his new go kart Pa built for him.
...is well loved!

We celebrated dinosaur style with our family and a few of Leyton's friends. I always have such a fun time searching for ideas to fit the theme the kids decide on for their special day. Leyton is loving dinosaurs so naturally, he chose a dinosaur party. Here are a few photos of our 5 year old bash!

When I asked Leyton if he wanted to play any games, he mentioned Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Since donkeys weren't exactly related to dinosaurs I changed the name of the game to Pin the Tail on the Dinosaur and drew a cute little dinosaur and cut out a few tails for the kids to pin. They had fun trying to find the perfect spot for their dinosaur tail, although it seemed the majority of them wanted to feed the dinosaur her tail.

Thanks to Pinterest, I found a lot of cute ideas for decorations. I created this cute little banner that hung from our back porch. It said "ROAR! Roar means Happy Birthday in dinosaur!"

Another idea I stole shamelessly from Pinterest was for the food table. We had food for the herbivores [veggie/fruit tray and cole slaw...not sure where my picture has gone], carnivores [hot dogs and sloppy joes], and...

'sweetivores' [cake pops, cupcakes, and dino eggs]. I snatched up some jelly bean eggs on clearance after Easter and made little bags of dino eggs for the kids. I also found little mini dinosaurs at the Dollar Tree to use as cupcake toppers.

We all had a great time celebrating Leyton! He is such a smart, fun, kind, independent and sweet little guy. He brings such joy to our lives and we couldn't be more proud of the little man he is becoming. It's hard to believe he's 5 already but at the same time, it's like he's always been a part of our lives. I can't wait to see what the next 5 years will bring.
We love you, Leyton!

No comments: