Sunday, April 1, 2012

Prayer

I love the things that Leyton says. He says some of the funniest things and I wish I would have been better at writing them down. [Note to self: do better with Jada and Lyvia!] Tonight as I was putting Leyton and Jada to bed, I asked them if they had prayed yet. They hadn't so Leyton said he knew a good prayer. This is how it went:

Leyton: "Tick, tick, tick tock. Now it's time to pray. Thank you Lord for this great day. Please help me to find my DS pens. Please help me to not have any bad dreams. Amen."
Me: "That was a great prayer, Leyton!"
L: "Well, I forgot something. I forgot to pray for everyone we know!"
M: "You can pray again."
L: "Tick, tock, tick tock. Now it's time to pray. Thank you Lord for this special day. Please help me to find my DS pens. Please help me to not have bad dreams. Please help my Grandma and Poppa to get home to Michigan safely. Help my great grandpa..." He looks at me and says, "How many great grandpa's do I have?
M: "Three. Poppa's dad in Michigan, Pa's dad in Greensburg, and Mamaw's dad, Gpa."
L: "Right, three. Please help my great grandpa in Michigan....what's his name, Mom? Who is he again?"
M: "Ray. He's Poppa's dad."
L: "Right, Ray. He's Grandma's dad too!"
M: "No, just Poppa's dad."
L: "Well, how come every time we go there Grandma says 'Hi, Dad!'"
M: "She calls him dad but he's just Poppa's dad."
L: "Oh...Please help my great grandpa in Michigan and my other great grandpa, but not Gpa, to be healthy and strong. Please help my great grandma, that's GG, to walk better because she doesn't walk very good, ya know. Amen."
M: "Great job. Why didn't you pray for Gpa to be healthy and strong?"
L: "Because he's not sick."

Love it.

No comments: